Happy Thursday lovers! How is everyone’s week going? I have been (thankfully) not so stressed at work and have been a lot accomplished now that a particular project is complete!
I was at the gym Monday having a fantastic workout when BAM- a dude wearing WAY too much cologne sat on the weight bench next to me and started pumpin’ iron. I don’t mind someone trying to smell nice for the ladies, but one should NOT douse themselves in Polo/Curve/(insert crappy teenage cologne here) and hit the gym.
(Everywhere a splish splash!! HA HA!) Like the video explains, it’s distracting, it makes it hard to breathe, and gives me a headache! But I have also been stuck next to the I-haven’t-showered-in-a-week-during-a-heatwave-and-just-ran-10-miles dude that just reeked of BO. This got me thinking and I have a survey-like post for you! Each is based on something I’ve experienced, saw on tv, or just came up with for this post
Would you rather:
- Be at the gym stuck next to above BO Dude or super-cologne Dude? Oh man, cologne I think. I can take a headache over being nauseated by BO.
- Live in a crazy expensive yet luxurious apartment in the center of town but have only one bedroom you have to share with kids–or slightly less expensive townhouse a bit farther out with more bedrooms? More bedrooms, I need my space.
- Have a tiny bit of high-calorie and fat-loaded ice cream or a lot of froyo? Froyo!!
- Do an intense cardio or weight session? Weights…right now. I always change my mind.
- Have a sweet or savory snack? I tend to prefer sweet anything.
- Be a stay at home wife/mom or work? Work. I can’t see myself sitting at home all day every day.
- Have a morning or afternoon workout? I am not a morning person, so I always workout in the afternoon.
- Have your parents walk in on you, ahem, knockin’ boots, or you walk in on your parents? (YES you have to choose!) I would say walk in on them (assuming my dad were still alive), I like them to think I am still pure as the driven snow
- Be blind or deaf- later in life, so you have experienced both? Hard one, as I LOVE music. I would say deaf. I would want to see my (future) children.
- Give up full nights’ sleep or chocolate for a year to have your dream body? Chocolate. I get cranky enough on limited sleep.
Well there you have it! Any fun ‘would you rather’ questions you have experience or come up with?
Have a fantastic evening! Rock on lovers!!
On a quiet yet hot Friday I received an email in my inbox notifying me of a new comment on my ‘About’ section. Unbeknownst to be I received this message from Pretty Girl Fit:
“Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I have nominated your blog for the Very Inspirational Blogger Award! All of the information is in my latest post (link above). Keep up the good work!”
Really? That is so cool! I’ve never been nominated for anything! And to be nominated for inspirational blog- that is awesome! I really hope I do inspire people to be their very best healthy selves! Whether you get inspiration from my crazy recipes or adventures in workout videos like Insanity, I hope to continue to inspire my readers to push themselves outside their comfort zone, try something new, and continue on their own journey to a healthy and fit life!
Anyway, back to the nomination- I am super excited and completely honored to be nominated! So, what I have to do is….
- Display the award logo somewhere on the blog- check!
- Link back to the blog of the person who nominated you. – check!
- State 7 things about yourself- check!
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs- check!
- Notify those bloggers that they have been nominated and of the award’s requirements-check!
7 Things About Me:
- I am addicted to froyo
- I have my Masters degree in Forensic Psychology
- I sleep with two comforters year round. No matter how hot it is outside, I love the weight of both blankets!
- I have an iPhone but only a few apps. My mom has more apps than me!
- I have a pretty good sense of direction- if I’ve been there once, I can usually find it again with limited guidance
- I am a NAUI open water scuba diver since I was 13
- I sun tan like you’d never believe. Seriously, one or two days at the beach and I am super dark!
15 bloggers I love: (In no particular order):
- Hey Love
- Quarter for her Thoughts
- City Girl Blogs
- I Still Want More Puppies
- In Sweetness and in Health
- Julie Go Lean
- Chelsea Eats Treats
- Peanut Butter Fingers
- Healthiful Balance
- Amazing Asset
- My Food n Fitness Diaries
- Healthy Diva Eats
- Kats Health Corner
- Nourish and Flourish
There you have it! Again I am so honored to have been nominated and so excited to be a part of the healthy living blogosphere! Now check out all these awesome bloggers that inspire me every day to be my best self!
Rock on Lovers
Hello and happy Monday! How was everyone’s 4th of July? Mine wasn’t too shabby! Spent it with the bf and friends and staying indoors- it has been ridiculously hot in the DC area! And the weekend prior almost the entire area lost power! I ended up only spending a portion of the weekend at my moms to celebrate her birthday as her power went out in addition to mine! Thankfully my bf (who luckily was one of the few who had power) let me mooch off crash with him in his AC apartment. But we did get it back late Sunday morning so I was able to return home to finish the weekend chores and get ready with power for the workweek!
Last weekend was the hottest of this crazy heat wave the country has been experiencing and I spent it tubing in Harper’s Ferry! We had a big group of people and had a great time sweating cooling off in the river! One of my friends M made some amazing fruity hippie juice while I brought adult gummy bears (read: vodka soaked!). Both were a huge hit! We snacked, drank, and lazed the heatwave-day away!
As I mentioned din my previous post (and if you cant already tell), I’ve been updating my blog to have a more snazzy design! I am in no way blog-creative and am somewhat technically challenged when it comes to website design, but I hope I can get this blog completed soon! So thanks for sticking around while this place is under construction.
Now onto the most exciting news to share. Based on a recommendation from M, I am creating a new series on here- froyo reviews! If you follow me on here and Twitter you know how serious this addiction is- and there’s only one way to cure it- trying every froyo place I can! More info can be found on the Froyo Love page!
Oh, and I joined a gym again! Feels so good to be back in there lifting weights and getting my sweat on!
Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! Rock on lovers